Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Hard work, Commitment & Determination gets Results!!!


Hello Everyone. Its been a while since I've posted. I've been very busy. I must say that I am super proud of myself. If you all remember at the beginning of the year (or the end of last) I made a list of goals I wanted to accomplish. On that list I had "get in shape, make working out a daily routine" and in fact I did. Not only do I work out regularly now but I've made a lifestyle change (including eating habits)


 At the beginning of the year 2014 I weighed 154lbs and because it was never about me losing weight in numbers, I never really kept track or weighed myself until recently (August 4th, 2014). The only reason I knew I started losing is because I tried on some clothes I had boxed up for years (because I couldn't fit them) and tried them on and what do you know, they fit!!! I only got curious about my weight loss in numbers when I decided to weigh myself on vacation since they had a scale in the room. Come to find out I was 137 lbs, a loss of 17lbs. That sounds great, but most importantly, I feel great, better than before. I have much more stamina, endurance and I can tell I've gotten stronger. These days I am able to get through the Insanity warm up because in the beginning I STRUGGLED.

How I did It

Healthy Eating: Although it was a  multitude of things that contributed to my weight loss, eating right is key. I ate six times a day; breakfast (8:30am), 1st snack (11:00am), lunch (1:30pm), 2nd snack (4:00pm), dinner (6:30pm), and a 3rd snack (9:00pm). I tried to stay close to that eating schedule of eating every 2 1/2 hours. I made healthier choices when eating food; low carbs, ate fruits, vegetables, fruit smoothies, spinach or spring mix salad, etc. I drank a gallon per day (minimum). I also did detoxes for a while (which are posted on my blog as well).



Workout: I tried to work out everyday (and to tell you the truth, I didn't really get serious about  working out on a regular basis until the end of May). It was a challenge at first, but proved successful since it eventually became a part of my regular routine. I was unable to go to the gym so for workouts I did Insanity (around my schedule but following the workouts in order), dance aerobics/cardio (since I teach dance classes). My workouts are no less than one hour. I even worked out in the mornings during my vacation to Cancun, Mexico. I must say, its very helpful when you have like minded (health conscious) people around you.



I also used a waist cincher (specifically for working out). This is a great tool to help you sweat more and cinch your waist line. I wore this everyday (as soon as I got off from work) when I first got it, whether I was working out or not. Now I'm working out everyday so since I'm drenched with sweat, I just wear it during my workouts after wrapping myself with albolene and seran wrap; which really helps bring on the sweat. I used to use sauna suits in the past when I was losing my after birth weight and that worked great too.

I am loving the RESULTS of working out and eating healthy.... so that makes it even easier to continue. I am going to continue to workout more, tone, shape and build muscle. Its not a diet, just a lifestyle change. No one said it would be easy.... but its definitely worth it.  Check out my before & after pics.

 
BEFORE & AFTER PICTURES

STARTING WEIGHT: 154 LBS (JANUARY 8, 2014)


ENDING WEIGHT: 137 LBS (AUGUST 4, 2014) PICTURE TAKEN ON 9/16/14


Now I'm more healthy and in shape than before. I'm loving the results. Not only do I like the changes I see when I look in the mirror, but I feel GREAT!!! It's not a diet, it's a LIFESTYLE change.



No comments:

Post a Comment