Monday, December 30, 2013

A Passion for Fashion

I finally did it... I mean its been YEARS. I've been sketching out designs of clothing, shoes, pocket books, etc. for years starting in grade school. I've even began courses in college for Fashion Design but decided to change my major to something more general (like Business). Although I made that change years ago, I still have passion for fashion & designing. It is for that reason that I've decided to start designing and wearing some of my own clothes. For one, it's addicting. Once I start an outfit, I can't stop. After sewing up the first outfit this year, I noticed how much of a benefit it can be to know how to make your own clothes.

1. You can make your clothes custom fit to your body; hiding any imperfections you may see.
2. You'll be unique; I can guarantee that no one will be rocking your outfit-it's one of a kind.
3. You save money; I spent $5 on one yard of fabric and used it to make a dress for work, which would probably cost me between $20-$40 dollars retail.
4. If you're real good, you can turn this from a hobby to a career...You never know where it can take you.

I'm doing it because I enjoy it. Especially when it goes from a drawing, into reality and I can actually wear it. There's no feeling like seeing the end result of something you've spent your time and energy working on.









No comments:

Post a Comment